How do I get a Hydrant Use Permit?

The City of Stanwood allows access to bulk water with the purchase of a Hydrant Use Permit (HUP). HUPs can be purchased Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm from the Finance Department located at:
City Hall
10220 270th Street NW
Stanwood, WA 98292

HUPs are valid for one day, and are non-refundable.

Permit Fee

The Hydrant Use permit fee is $50 per day plus utility taxes.

This fee allows up to 5,000 gallons or 668.4 cubic feet of water. Water withdrawal over 5,000 gallons or 668.4 cubic feet per day shall be charged an added $5.34 per each additional 748 gallons or 100 cubic feet plus utility taxes.

Where to Get Bulk Water

The fire hydrant in the Public Works yard at 26729 98th Drive NW is the only fire hydrant available for public use.

Note: Water taken from hydrants is not recommended for human consumption unless boiled or otherwise treated.

Show All Answers

1. Why do I need to call before I dig?
2. What are those paint markings in front of my house?
3. Why does my water smell?
4. Why is my water discolored?
5. What is the Pesticide Sensitivity Registry?
6. How do I report a street light problem?
7. What are the "dos and don’ts" of home sewers?
8. What if my sewer backs up?
9. How do I get a Hydrant Use Permit?
10. Do I have a water leak?
11. What is the city's water service area?
12. What's in my water?