Washington State law established the Pesticide Sensitivity Registry. People who are on the registry, or list, will be notified before pesticides are applied to landscaping or highway or roadway rights-of-way near the person’s residence.
People who are certified by their doctor as sensitive to pesticides may apply to be listed on the Pesticide Sensitivity Registry. People on the list will be notified when areas next to their homes will have pesticides applied by a Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA)-licensed applicator.
Apply for the Pesticide Sensitivity Registry
To be added to the list:
- Complete WSDA’s application form available online (PDF) (link is external).
- Include all the information requested on the form.
- Include a doctor’s signature certifying that you are sensitive to pesticides.
- Return the form to WSDA.
- There is no cost to be included on the list.
- WSDA will notify you when you have been placed on the list.
Find more information on the Washington State Department of Agriculture website (link is external)