Municipal Code Update
Every 10 years the City is required by state law to update its Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Plan is a long-range (20-year) planning document that guides future growth, development, community character, and quality of life for city residents. The Municipal Code contains the local laws that implement the goals and policies of the Comprehensive Plan. The city is beginning the process of updating both its Comprehensive Plan and the Municipal Code. This update is important as it affects our built environment, including housing, workplaces, roads, parks, shopping, restaurants, and entrainment.
The City is seeking community input on changes to the Comprehensive Plan and Municipal Code. What is your vision of Stanwood’s future? We want to hear your suggestions and ideas so that these documents reflect the values and aspirations of the entire community. Check out the progress on the simultaneous Stanwood Comprehensive Plan update here https://stanwoodwa.org/545/4277/2024-Comprehensive-Plan-Update
We are continuously accepting public comments and feedback throughout this process.
Contact: Patricia Love, Community Development Director
How to Comment:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – Community Development Department - 360-629-2181
- In Writing – Community Development Department, 10220 270th Street NW, Stanwood, WA 98292
The Advisory Group met on July 20, 2022, September 21, 2022, November 30, 2022, and January 18, 2023. Minutes from these meetings are posted below.
The next Advisory Group meeting will be on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm and held virtually via Zoom.
City of Stanwood Community Development Department will be at the Stanwood Farmers Market on select dates to engage the community and hear your feedback. City Staff will be at the Farmer's Marker on the following dates to discuss specific topics.
- June 24, 2022 Housing
- July 15, 2022 Transportation and Infrastructure
- August 5, 2022 Twin City Mile Revitalization
- August 26, 2022 Parks and Trails
- September 30, 2022 Economic Development and WSDOT
Request for Proposal
Stanwood Municipal Code Title Memos and Drafts
Farmer's Market Outreach
- Farmers Market June 24 2022 presentation
- Farmers Market June 24 2022 public feedback
- Farmers Market July 15 2022 presentation
- Farmers Market July 15 2022 public feedback
- Farmers Market August 5 2022 presentation
- Farmers Market August 5 2022 public feedback
- Farmers Market August 26 2022 presentation
- Farmers Market August 26 2022 public feedback
- Farmers Market September 30 2022 presentation
- Farmers Market September 30 2022 public feedback