- Submit Your Photos
Submit Your Photos
Calling All Photographers!
Do you have great images of the people and places that make Stanwood and the surrounding communities special? The city would like to showcase images of the city that can be used in multiple areas of the City’s website, DiscoverStanwoodCamano website, and in our publications.
The City will accept submittals from any photographer, whether professional, amateur, or hobbyist, portraying local life and scenery in Stanwood and the surrounding area. Images used on the websites and in the print collateral will be credited. The subject matter of the submittals is not limited. Images can include seasons, people at play and work, culture, landscapes, buildings, and architecture. We want the new website and magazine to visually celebrate Stanwood - our community events, businesses, rural areas, and neighborhoods as well as our history and amazing natural beauty.
Submitted images must meet the following Photo Guidelines and Rules:
- Photos must be the original full-size versions (no cropped images).
- Photos must be in original digital JPG format only, 300 dpi, no prints or scanned images will be accepted.
- There is no limit to the number of photos that may be submitted. Multiple images from one photographer may be chosen and used throughout the site.
- Photos will be accepted in color or black/white, so as to maintain the artistic integrity intended by the photographer.
- Minor alterations and improvements of photographs with image-enhancing software will be allowed, however, photos should be realistic and portray real locations and residents. If any alterations are made other than color/contrast adjustments, etc, the photographer will disclose those alterations.
- Images should be unique to Stanwood and the surrounding area. Images should portray the lifestyle of this area, the quality of life this area represents, and its residents.
- No monetary compensation will be provided for any selected photos. Photographers will be notified if their submission is chosen, and they will receive credit for photos used on the city’s site or in the magazine. Photos will be used for a period of time to be determined by the City of Stanwood.
- The City of Stanwood may use submitted images in a collage with other photos not taken by the same photographer. Appropriate credit will be given.
- Photographers do not need to be a resident of the City of Stanwood in order to submit photos.
- The city of Stanwood reserves the right to use photos in any way they choose on the City’s website/magazine and to provide additional digital alterations to said photos if they deem necessary.
- By submitting photos, the photographer declares that he/she owns the copyrights to said photograph and is granting the City of Stanwood permission to use the photos as they wish for the website/magazine.
- Photos must be accompanied by the photographer’s name, address, phone number, photo location, date photo was taken, subject matter, and a copy of the city’s model/property release, if applicable.
- Photos may be emailed to the City of Stanwood