Who Should I Contact?


If there is an immediate emergency threat to life or property, dial 911. 

Emergencies include, but not limited to:

  • Any urgent/emergent medical or fire situation
  • Any in-progress crime, suspicious activity
  • a person fears for their safety or the safety of others

If you are not sure if your situation is an emergency, you are encouraged to call 911.

When you call 911, be prepared to answer the call-taker’s questions, which may include:

  • The location of the emergency, including the street address and/or landmarks
  • The phone number of the calling party
  • The nature of the emergency
  • Details about the emergency, such as a physical description of a person who may have committed a crime, a description of any fire that may be burning, or a description of injuries or symptoms being experienced by a person requiring urgent medical attention


For non-emergencies, call our dispatch center, SNO911, at 425-407-3999. 

Non-emergencies include, but not limited to:

  • A non-violent crime that occurred earlier and there is no suspect information (online crime reporting is available)
  • Situations where emergency services personnel are needed but there is no immediate danger to life or property
  • A found pet or property
  • Illegal firework complaints

Power Outage

To report a power outage, call Snohomish County Public Utility District at 425-783-1001.

Other Inquiries

For other inquiries, call the Stanwood Police Department business line at 425-388-5290. Monday - Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. These types of inquiries include:

  • Request a copy of a police report
  • Fingerprinting or Concealed Pistol License application
  • Leave a non-urgent message for an officer
  • Questions about pet licensing or parking regulations

Most of your questions can be answered on our website. For details on Police Administrative Services click here