Utility Billing & Customer Assistance Program

Pay Online

City of Stanwood utility bills, (water, sewer, drainage) can now be paid online through the Xpress Bill Pay websiteYou can set up Paperless Billing and/or AutoPay with Xpress Bill Pay. If you need any assistance in setting this up, feel free to give us a call and we'll walk you through the process.

Pay in Person  

We have a secure "Drop Box" located at the front of the building, on the left-hand side of our doors, where you can drop your payment into anytime of the day. 

When City Hall is open to the public again, you can pay your bill in person at the City of Stanwood (10220 270th Street NW) between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. 

Pay by Phone

If you would like to make a payment over the phone with a credit card, please call Marcy or Amy during regular business hours @ 360-629-2181, select option 1.

Payment Arrangements

If you are unable to pay your bill by the due date, please call Marcy Mathis. Her direct line is @ 360-454-5204 and she will go over the payment arrangement options. You can expedite this process by clicking on this link, "Fillable Payment Arrangements" and it will take you to the fillable form. Once completed and submitted it will go directly to our Finance Department for processing.


City of Stanwood

Utility Customer Assistance Program

*Due to the Governor issued proclamation 20-23.7 regarding "Maintaining Utility Services", we are extending the waiver of assessing late fees and the disconnecting of utility services until October 15, 2020.

As part of Governor's proclamation 20-23.6, We have created our Customer Assistance Program, which includes information about the availability of financial resources, and reduced utility rates for qualified individuals. Below is a list of facilities that can assist customers with paying your utility bill.

Resources available to provide financial assistance

AgencyPhone Number
North Sound Assistance Referral800-223-8145
Saint Vincent de Paul425-355-3504
Community Resource Center of Stanwood/Camano360-629-5257

Below are the reduced utility rate forms for Low-Income Senior Citizens and/or Low-Income Disabled Residents: (please read the evaluation form to see if you qualify)

Reduced Utility Rate Application Form 2020

Reduced Utility Rate Evaluation Form 2020

If you have any questions regarding our Customer Assistance Program, please give us a call @ 360-629-2181, option 1.


To Start / Stop Your Service

Whether you are the owner or renter please contact City Hall's Billing Department to start or stop your utility billing @360-629-2181 option 1. You may also submit your information using the link below and it will go to our accounting department.

Utility Billing Change Form

Water, Sewer & Drainage

Go to the Water, Sewer, Drainage Rates page for more information.

Water or Sewer Line Emergencies

For water or sewer line emergencies, please call Public Works at 360-629-9781.